Reporting to: Service Manager on a day to day basis.
Network Security Engineers provide technical support, advice, and assistance to clients with technical, hardware, and software system problems. Engineers focus greatly on project delivery working closely with account and project managers for project success. Engineers are also an escalation point for any critical issue, or if further expertise is required. Engineers will take part in reviewing maintenance assessments and providing feedback to IT Specialists and Network Engineers.
Provide technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security. Develop technical documentation and processes. Complete technical and professional certifications. Perform work independently, with a high level of professionalism. Able to efficiently work within a team construct. Participate in a 24×7 on-call rotation. Assist with planning projects by creating BOMs, Statements of Work and task lists.
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills Ability to prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Technical aptitude and hands-on experience with the following technologies: Security, Network, Switches, Wireless & Routers
- Excellent technical knowledge in technology methodologies, design, and implementation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Aptitude to learn new technology
- Excellent customer service skills and a friendly can-do attitude
- Technical associates level security certification(s)
- Several years of related experience, ideally working with clients in Managed Services or IT Services industry
- Experience in network design with Cisco Security products such as: SD-WAN, ISE, Remote Access, ASA, Firepower, Meraki, Umbrella, Stealthwatch, AMP, and Secure-X
- Technical professional level security certification(s)
- 401(k) with matching
- Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Bonus Opportunity
- Paid Training